Sunday, November 05, 2006

Girls School Tests

It is almost 2 am and I am half asleep. I had a lot of things to follow up on after the kids went to sleep and just realized how late it is. I can’t believe it is already Monday and I did not want to forget about updating the blog. A lot is happening but the main thing is the girls tests. Yes, the girls are taking tests for the first quarter already. The least I can say is that it has been a challenging week for all of us specially the girls. I feel like I been living in the school meeting with teachers or dropping and picking up kids. The principle had agreed that we don’t need to worry about taking tests the first quarter and wait until few months for the next tests until the kids language is better ;but Yasmeen and Nadia are the ones that been more pushing to get involved with the test process. For the History tests, Yasmeen did not want to just set and do nothing while the other kids take the test but she could not read the test to answer so she took a paper and wrote the history lesson in English. She knew the events as I been readying for her the history in Arabic and translating it to English. The teacher was very impressed and gave her 100% in the exam. She was walking around the house singing an Arabic song 100% Habbitic. Nadia came home after her math test crying and said that when she saw the arabic in the paper her hands and legs started to shack and she think she forgot everything and did bad to be exact she said she thought she got F-. Friday she came smiling and I said what is going on she said she got 19/20 in the math test. I said what happen to the F- she said well I guess I did not do so bad. The math questions are in Arabic but the numbers are in English. They also got so far A in Geograph and Science.

As for me I was I was trying to ignore a cold and hope that it will go away but it did not work and I ended up losing my voice completely for a day and then sounded funny for few days after that. Which made it harder to study with the girls but we managed. I thought that is God’s way to ask me to be quite, reflect and meditate during the day so no complaint but the truth is I was not able to do a lot of resting. I hope I can do that this week.

The most exiting event for this week is having a very dear friend visiting from Florida. Ekitti is visit from Sunrise. He is here for his nine days pilgrimage. We were able to spend some time together. We saw him shortly on Thursday between his program and Friday night we had dinner together at a nice restaurant. Saturday we went to the Market picked up some food and went together to Bahji “Akka” to visit the Shrine of Baha’u’llah. This visit was extra special as for the first time the Mansion at Bahji “the house of Baha’u’llah” was open for visitors on Saturday and the girls where able to go for the firs time. We spent all the day at the shrine, the gardens, and the Mansion and had a wonderful day.

Naim and I both are still taking the Hebrew classes couple of more weeks to go. As much as I am enjoying it and learning as much as I am ready for it to finish as it is getting harder with doing that in the evening and spending all this time working with the kids study. I am sure all will pay off soon. But for now all I can think of is my bed is waiting for me.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 7, 2006 at 10:03:00 PM PST, Blogger Nesreen Akhtarkhavari said...

Dear May,

Please take it easy and take care of yourself. I am sorry that you got sick.

Tell the girls that we are proud of them and look forward to seeing them soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home