Monday, November 20, 2006

Our Dreams

There are so many thing on my mind not sure where to start. Our girls; which is always a good place to start. The girls seem to get in each others nerve more often there are so many new things that they both are trying to adjust to and things here are in constant change. Yet in between all this madness there are so much good and they do so many little things to help each other all the times. This morning I read this quote:

O YE RICH ONES ON EARTH! The poor in your midst are My trust; guard ye My trust, and be not intent only on your own ease. -Baha’u’llah

Reading this I starting thinking as we grow older we seem to lose all these wonderful dreams that we had as kids. Those dreams that will help fix the world and make it a better place. We become more and more busy with life and work we don’t have time to see those poor people let alone have time to help them. But we all know they are everywhere in the USA or here at in the other side of the world where they are more visible.

Through the eyes of my kids I see the world in such a different way. Things that we feel like it is out of our control and we just want to accept and move on they seem to have a simple solution for it. I think it is these dreams that will make the world a better place. I feel like there are few things in life no mater how painful we should just except as God’s will and move on. Yet that is not the case in most of the other things around us; we can change if we try.

Other than for punishment for giving our parents hard time and it is pay back I think that having kids is Gods way to help us not forget about our own dreams and give us another chance to stop and think and help them make their dreams into reality. Questions are coming at me from all sides with the kids. I don’t even know where to start. Yasmeen wanted to know why they don’t have many black people here among the Arabs and Jewish community. She looks at everything and notices everything. She has this sense of justice that is amazing and nothing seems to really scare her. She is growing very fast and seems so mature; she uses her music to escapes when she is frustrated. She can’t play the drums as the area we are in is very quite and people around us are not that easy to figure them out. Everything seems to bother them since they are older and only few kids around. But she has her key board and she plays that all the time.

Nadia has this plan to open an orphanage in Lebanon for all the kids that got hurt and have no parents. In her diary she writes the name of the people that she talked to and said that they will support her. She have sketch for the rooms and the layout of the place and the dog as kids need pets to make them smile she said. I am not sure exactly how but she think by the end of our 5 years here she will have all the money and the support she needs. Watching the news before our departure seem to have really effected her. Lately she has been thinking about it a lot, few days ago I noticed that she was in the shrine for extra long time saying prayers I asked her if everything is Ok and what was she saying prayers for. She said for all her cousins; she names them one by one and for all the kids that got hurt in the war. Then she said she always say few extra once in case she forgot something while she is praying she can ask for it.

I hope that you have a wonderful week and that all your dreams will become reality.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 at 7:42:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moon,

Yap baby do not forget about May's wants and dreams... let your kids live their and your live yours. You are a great person and very selfless.. sometimes you need to look after May also. I am glad you are happy and enjoying your times during this adventure but do not lose focus.

I love you and we all miss you here especially this time.. Thanksgiving will not be the same without all of you guys.

Tell the girls that I love them (ok Na'im also) and I am and will be proud of them. Tell them I count on them to take good care of you.

PS. Love the Photos.

 
At Thursday, November 23, 2006 at 10:30:00 PM PST, Blogger May & Naim said...

Rosa,

I am really doing good. I am waiting for you to wake up so I can call you. I am doing alot of things that I enjoy and there are so much of that in here. I will post some pictures for you to see what I am taking about. Kiss the boys for me. And tell Ahamad to give the girls couple of more months and they will be ready to teach him Arabic. When you all came to visit last he said that Yasmeen is much better teacher than us as she was teaching him the proper Arabic.

LOVE YOU AlWAYS.

Your baby sister ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home