Thursday, November 23, 2006

Tour Through The Kids Cameras



At the Gardens in Bahji Behind the Shrine of Baha'u'llah

We were feeling so guilty about giving away or selling most of the kids stuff before we moved. The last week before our departure we went and bought them each a small digital camera. These pictures were all taken by Yasmeen and Nadia. They both love to take a close up pictures of their friends and of each others lots of silly faces but in this post I wanted to selected the ones that will give you a feel of where we are. I am sure when they start their own blog they will make good use of the other pictures.

Walking across the Lower Terraces at the Baha’i Gardens in Haifa

Looking through the window from our living room, to the right is the mountain to the left the busy city of Haifa



Walking in Old Akka. I did not include any of the pictures to the Baha’i holy places in old Akka. As I would like to do that in another post later on after we do our staff visit and I will include some of the historical events that happened in this city

This is one of the view we see on the way to school. We also get an amazing view of the Shrine of the Bab just before we turn to the main street to their school. It is really hard to capture this city in pictures as every corner different.

At the Zoo next to our home

7 Comments:

At Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 9:14:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures!!! By the end of the 5yrs you will have 5 mil pictures!!! after 3 yrs, I am still trying to organize all the photos I took while I was there....thank God you have it all digitally!! That will save at least a suitcase when you return;)
Hope you had a good thanksgiving!!
It wasn't the same without you but we met a bunch of cousins our age, so that was pretty cool!!!

Love and kisses to all of you :O)
Ba

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 5:14:00 PM PST, Blogger Nesreen Akhtarkhavari said...

Dear May,

I am glad that the girls are having this very unique experience which will remain with them for ever.

Please keep posting the pictures. They make us feel that we are there with you.

Everyone missed you during Thanksgiving, especially Rosa, Susan, and the kids.

We can not wait to see all of you again.

With all our love,

Nesreen

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 5:25:00 PM PST, Blogger Nesreen Akhtarkhavari said...

May,

I would love few pictures of the old olive trees in Bahji. Some close ups, and some general views. They are very special to me. I could not help thinking when I saw them, about those who passed by and rested under their shade.

With my love,

~Nesreen

 
At Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 11:29:00 PM PST, Blogger May & Naim said...

Nesreen,

I will take close up pictures for you this weekend, we will be going there Saturday. Couple of more weeks, we will be driving there together. Can't wait ;).

I was so home sick last week and miss all of you so much. I really miss being with everyone at thanksgiving. This was my first thanksgiving in 20 years alone without at least one of you.

Love you,
May

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 9:23:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moon,

Like the photo!... but you know me, I care about my family most...Sorry big sister but forget about trees :) dude this is my way of saying I want to see more of the girls pictures. I do not want to miss seeing them grow every step of the way.. I am sure I will be shocked when I see them.

Love U

 
At Wednesday, November 29, 2006 at 1:14:00 PM PST, Blogger May & Naim said...

Rosa,

I will put more pictures of the kids and yes you will be amazed when you see them they are growing like weeds. We went today and got new shoes because their shoes is getting small. I miss all the boys also and Hasson's girls. Please send some pictures my way.

Love you,
May

 
At Sunday, January 28, 2007 at 7:40:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for this beautiful site.

The Des Plaines Bahai's
Bobbi Hemmati

 

Post a Comment

<< Home