Saturday, March 10, 2007

Kids' Exams

Things have been so busy, sorry I did not write for a while. Let me tell you about the fun things before I start complaining ;). We had wonderful times during Ayyam’i’ha. We tried very hard to make it special for the girls especially it is a big gap to fill with them away from their cousins, aunts, uncles and the rest of their family and friends. I will add later some pictures with the highlight of the events. This week has been tuff with the fasting and the midterm test for the kids. The not eating part of the fasting really does not bother me. The exams have been really hard. For example yesterday I went to work until 2:30 pm then picked up the kids Yasmeen and I studied 3-4 hours after school and then I studied an hour with Nadia. I felt so bad as Nadia could not study alone and was waiting for me so I asked her to go to sleep while I am studying with Yasmeen and I will wake her up early. She made me promises to wake her up at 4:00 am. Which I did and we got ready and studied for couple of hours before school this morning. It is more stress and studying for me than being in the engineering school. They got the first test results back and they both got A’s which is very encouraging for them. One more week to go and then we have 2 weeks off and we can breath.

Not like it not enough to deal with exams, the language, change of culture, being away from the people they love and the things they know, they are going through training and drill exercise for war which seems to be something normal here. But since this is their first time it is adding to the stress factor. To add to that for us many things need to be taken care of back home with the rental and the finance and our life back home specially since we left in such a short notice. It is so hard to get anything done from here and it is all going on Susan to take care of knowing how much work and the kids and Baha’i activities she is doing I feel so bad. Honestly we would have not been able to do it if it was not for her and Khourosh. But hope to come back in few years and be able to pay back and help them.

Waking up in the mornings for the fast so early is really nice. After getting over the fact that I have to wake up early and get out of bed after I am fine. Then we eat and sit down so quite to say prayers you can hear the silent break with the sound of the birds so honestly so heavenly sound.

I have been working more hours. I really love what I do and just wish that there is more time I can spend on the project. We got two new engineers that join the groups and they are really nice. I can’t wait until the actual construction phase and seeing all these plans in action. My eyes are closing I better go get couple of hours of sleep and get up and cook before the girls are back.

Have a wonderful day.

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 23, 2007 at 6:51:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Naw Ruz.... best wishes for the new year. We love you and miss you.

Rosa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home