Sunday, July 20, 2008

On our way home

Couple of more hours we will be leaving to go home to America after 2 years of being away. Feel like there is something I should be doing but can’t think of it. So here I am relaxing and write you. I packed my small carryon bag and the kid’s things are ready. The kids could wait no longer they said the time is not passing fast enough so Yasmeen was looking at the pictures and feel asleep and Nadia was readying and went next to her and feel asleep. They have been counting days for so long and the time is almost here. We spent yesterday at Bahji and I did not realized how attached I am to here until I was walking out of the Shrine and felt the peace inside that I have never felt before a feeling that I never want to lose. Today I wake up early and went to a meeting for work 2 hours away in Tiberius the drive is so beautiful and everything went well for the meeting and we are back home so tired but in good mood. Then I went to the Shrine of The Bab and realized that two years is a long time and so much happened and a part of this place starting to feel like home.

It has been a little over a month since I last wrote but to tell you the truth it feels like a life time. After you read all the things happened you know what I am talking about. The girls finished their exams and graduated. Yasmeen is going to Seventh grade and Nadia will be going to sixth grade in Arabic their marks were very good and we are very proud of them. They had a nice end of the year program for the Baha’i School and it was a lot of fun.

Early in July Naim’s sister Nadra called and told us that his dad’s heath was getting really bad and the treatment for the cancer was not working so Naim went to the States and was able to visit with his dad for a week. our girls were in the middle of exams and we were still hoping that by July when we come that he would be doing well and we can see him. But unfortunately the same day Naim arrived back to Haifa his dad passed away. It was really hard on the kids and Naim went through alot but we know that his father is in a better place and he will alway be close to our heart.

While Naim is gone Rosa and her family came to visit us the day after the girl’s exams. Which was just the right time? The main reason for their visit actually was the 9 day Baha’i pilgramage but we were lucky to be here at this time and they were able to visit with us and spend more time after the pilgramage. It was just what I and the girls need to have someone that love us unconditionally around at that time. Rosa took care of me and cooked all the amazing food, we went everywhere together, the kids talked and playes and had fun and Ahmad was very supportive and patient with us. We had a great time also at the Dead Sea, and back in Haifa the last week the kids with other friends one evening walk with us from the lower terrace to the 19th terrace which is about 1,700 steps. Then we all went and had a nice ice cream.

Few days before Rosa left, Hasson and Afsanah arrived. It was really nice to have everyone together for few days. They also were here on Pilgrimage. It was the first time for all of them in the holyland. We had a very good time together. And as usually the kids had so much fun with Hasson playing with him and the girls bonded with Afsanah.

So many other friends come and many are leaving to go back home after their term of service is ending here at the holyland. It seems like so much is happening at all times.

I keep thinking how it would feel three more years from now when we will be actually preparing to leave this place and go back home. The kids have grown so much. I know that I have changed a lot. I somehow have found so much more peace within myself and seem to know myself much better. Still crazy but at least I know I that and happy with it.

Speaking of crazy. The girls are up and running around excited, so I better gets up and finish getting ready. For those of you in Sunrise, Orlando, Austin, and Chicago we can’t wait to see you soon.

I will be posting some pictures soon specially if Rosa and Hasson send me the nice pictures they took ;)

1 Comments:

At Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 11:43:00 AM PDT, Blogger SoHOChildren said...

Dearest May and Naim,
Please accept my most heartfelt condolences on the passing of Naim's father.
I also wish you and the girls a very safe trip back to the States.
Much much love
Maryam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home