Saturday, March 24, 2007

I am Back

The kids are finished with their exam and we all survived. So I am back to keeping up with the blog. They will get their report soon but they been getting some of their grades and they are getting mostly A’s and few B’s. I was telling Yasmeen how proud I was with her last night she started crying I said what is the matter? She said I have to do this all over in June no way I can’t do it. I wanted to laugh the way she said it but she seemed so serious that I had to hold my self. Honestly after thinking about it I felt like crying also that I have to do this all over again in June for the end of the year exams. But thinking of June I can’t believe that in the end of June that they will finish their school year. Haw it seems like the year just started and we are already talking about the end. Our time here goes by so fast it is so amazing.

My uncle (father’s older brother), his son and wife are here for nine days. It is been 15 years since I last saw him. It has been such an amazing time for my family. We got to spend a lot of time with them. This morning the weather was perfect and my uncle been wanting to walk all the terraces so, I took them with Yasmeen and Nadia and left them at the top and came home so I can pick them up at any point that my uncle is tired. But he was able to make it to the last stair and still full of energy. Then we went to Bahji and Akka. I am learning so much from him about my dad and his life here and about the history of the Baha’i Faith. Walking with him through Akka I just felt so lucky. He is a sweet, knowledgeable and such a humble man.

Ohm, I forgot to tell you but few days ago we went to the Shrine of the Bab and from there to the visitor center. As usually Yasmeen and Nadia area always ahead. When I got to the door they were so excited making me rushes to come and meet this lady that spoke Arabic who is part of the pilgrim group. They were playing with her little girl then she asked them how come their names are Arabic names then they found out that she spoke Arabic. When we started talking I realized that she was the same little girl that used to live next to my fathers’ uncle’s home and we used to play together in Jordan as kids. Now she lives in Iceland and has two kids.

Well before I get too tired I better add some pictures As I had promised you to post some pictures of some of the things we have done during Ayyam’i’Ha.

Two days before Ayyam'i'Ha. Two of their friends came over and spend the night. They made midnight pancake.


The day before Ayyam'i'Ha the Parents organized a service project at one of the Baha’i holy sites where the kids went and picked up oranges and cleaned up. Then they had great time playing together and from there we went with a group of friends out and had dinner.














The next day their dance teacher was leaving to go back to France and her friends had open house so we went to that. She was amazing, we will all miss here.


The day after we went to our a friends home for a party that they had. We all had a wonderful time.














The day before last we had this cool party at our home with all the kids around our kids age. It was really nice.



The last day during the day parents organized a party for all the kids with games, pizza and lots of fun. At night Hoda came and had dinner with us and got nice gift for the girls and helped them do their homework.


Last Week





My Amo and Family..














Naw Ruz Celebration..



9 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 8:30:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear May,
I love the pictures and can't beleive the girls are growing so fast!!!! How amazing that your uncle was there, that must really have been a special time...
Last weekend I went down to south Fl. and spent two days with Susan and boys. Navid and Bayan are super excited about seeing you all soon. Diela had a huge African party for Vahid's weding so we saw I saw all the friends. Reggy and everyone was asking about you all and send their love and greetings.

Love you all much,
Ba

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 8:32:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that Sara from Australia with a pink skarf? Is she serving there?

luv
ba

 
At Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 8:37:00 PM PDT, Blogger May & Naim said...

Yes, that is Sara and she is back serving here and ask about you and talk to the kids about you all the time. she is very sweet lady.

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 9:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger Tahirih said...

I LoVed the photos!!!
I've been trying to figure out how to post the photos without having them overlap but haven't succeded yet. I finally updated my blog with photos of my trip to Australia.

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 7:53:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moon,

Nice update, I am glad you enjoyed the time spent with Amo Joon and family (even Vargha :)). I am happy that you did not spend the Eid without alone. See good things happen to good people.

Love the photos.

Love U

Rosa

 
At Friday, March 30, 2007 at 11:14:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May,

Our visit date is July 21, 08. I sent the confirmation today.

 
At Friday, April 6, 2007 at 4:38:00 AM PDT, Blogger Nadiasworld said...

Hi mammy
NADIA

 
At Monday, April 16, 2007 at 7:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Carolyn said...

Hey May and Naim-welcome to the blog world. I found your blog linked on Gianni's page. it's god to see that you guys are settling in well in Haifa.

 
At Friday, August 24, 2007 at 8:19:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello May!!!!!

It's been many many years since we've worked together on science stuff.

I'm glad I discovered your web page.

Kermit < kermit@polaris.net >

 

Post a Comment

<< Home